How to specifically allow an application from connecting only a particular online IP address, but none others? Sometimes you want to block a particular program from connecting to internet. You can use a firewall program to do it. I recently wanted to allow a program to connect only a particular web server to allow it to download some data. Here is how I did it
Install COMODO Firewall (Free for home use)
Version tested and verified: 7.0.31 on July 22nd 2014
- Open the COMODO firewall interface and go to "Tasks".
- Firewall tasks > Advanced setting > Application Rules
- Right click somewhere inside the window and "Add". A new 'Comodo Application Rule' window will pop up.
- On the top "Name" field, give the full path of the application EXE file.
- Check "Use a Custom Ruleset"
- Add > Copy from > Ruleset > Blocked Application
- Double click on "Block All Incoming and Outgoing Requests"
- On the "Destination Address" tab (middle one), drop down "IPv4 Single address" and type in the IP address you want the application to access.
- Click the checkbox "Exclude". Now it means that the application can only access the specified IP address and any other IP address connection will be silently blocked by the firewall.
You can check the log by going to COMODO interface > Tasks > general tasks > View Logs > View firewall events.
Did it work for you?
Application Rules, Firewall Protection, Best Firewall | Internet Security v6.3 http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4772-.html